Western Pacific 334
WP 334 is the sole surviving ALCO Class 332 MK-60-71 2-8-2. With the distinctive "Desert Tenders", these "Big Mikes" operated primarily between Portola and Elko. 334 was retired in October 1952, but operated on several fan trips in 1956, making her the last steam locomotive on the WP. She was stored in Oakland for some time, and in January 1967, 334 was donated to the Western Rail Museum at Rio Vista Junction, California.
(Click on the thumbnail to see a full size image.)
Alan Radecki photo
Grant Vogel Photos
Back to the Loco List...